User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
Company News: Page (1) of 1 - 11/12/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page

Arnaldo Caprai Named "European Winery of the Year" at Wine Enthusiast Magazine's 2012 Wine Star Awards   By PRWEB

New York, New York (PRWEB) November 12, 2012

It was announced today that Arnaldo Caprai, the pioneer and acknowledged leader in the production of top quality Sagrantino wines from Umbria, wins the prestigious "European Winery of the Year" award from influential magazine Wine Enthusiast. Every year, the industry-leading publication picks the best wineries and personalities in the wine world to honor at its "Wine Star Awards." Wine Enthusiast Founder, Chairman, Publisher and Editor Adam Strum explained the selection, "The innovative Arnaldo Caprai Winery has helped revive Umbrias indigenous grapes, bringing the wine region into the international spotlight for its production of Sagrantino di Montefalco."

"Sagrantino is the indigenous grape of my home and my lifelong passion," says Marco Caprai, owner and winemaker of Arnaldo Caprai, the man who brought Sagrantino from the small town of Montefalco to the international stage. I have dedicated my life to making Sagrantino a grape known worldwide and this award is a terrific testament to that effort. We're honored to be chosen for such an important international award and to be in the company of some of the best wineries and wine personalities in the world."

In 1989 Marco Caprai launched a partnership with the University of Milan with the goal of exploring the previously neglected native Umbrian varietal, Sagrantino. The collaboration and support of top local winemakers and colleagues led to success after many years, transforming a relatively unknown indigenous grape into an enological phenomenon.

@ Copyright, 2015 Digital Media Online, AllRights Reserved