User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
Project Profile: Page (1) of 1 - 01/13/13 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page

DaVinci Resolve 'Elementary' in Color Grading Hit CBS Crime Solving Television Show 'Resolve provides me with a sense of security '

While it may take Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson just 60 minutes to crack a case on an episode of the hit CBS television show "Elementary," Tony D'Amore can do it in less. As the Senior Colorist at LA based post house Encore and lead colorist for the wildly popular series, Tony is responsible for color correction and grading the weekly show, and he relies on DaVinci Resolve color correction software.

Each week, Jonny Lee Miller, as detective Sherlock Holmes, and Lucy Liu, as his faithful sidekick Watson, tackle some of the New York Police Department's toughest cases. In order to deliver on the look of the show, Tony applies a rich and moody feel to a fairly normal looking New York City environment. Using Resolve's node based processing, Tony takes advantage of unlimited Power Windows with circle, linear, polygon and PowerCurve shapes, which he uses to address any issues and deliver on the producers' and cinematographer's vision.

"Resolve's unlimited nodes, windows and shapes help me deliver on the look of the show," said Tony. "Without it, I might have to make compromises due to a lack of tools. With a show like 'Elementary,' there's no room for compromise. With Resolve, I can take down the exposure on the walls or floors, address every issue and ensure everything looks perfect."

@ Copyright, 2015 Digital Media Online, AllRights Reserved