User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
Company News: Page (1) of 1 - 12/10/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page

Freelance Job Market Grows as Full-Time Positions Disappear Reports American Writers & Artists Inc   By PRWEB

Delray, FL (PRWEB) December 10, 2012

As companies scramble to cut costs and lay off full-time employees, the slack is being picked up by freelancers. In fact, over 40% of companies expect to hire more freelancers in the coming year, American Writers & Artists Inc. explains in a new report.

For individuals seeking the freedom of working from home or anywhere in the world, being their own boss, and picking and choosing projects, its the ideal fit. And theres no need to sacrifice income.

Among current freelancers surveyed by online job marketplace Elance, 67% expected their income to increase in 2013. Fifty-seven percent indicated it had already gone up in 2012 and cities hit hard by the economy saw copywriting growth of 286% in entry-level jobs.

Freelance work is on the upswing across the board with a few standout industries. One is copywriting, which is simply writing advertising in the form of sales letters or emails, websites and landing pages, online ads, social media campaigns, and more.

Copywriting is always a growth industry as companies need to advertise, no matter what the economy is doing, says American Writers & Artists Inc. Executive Director Katie Yeakle. She continued, The explosion of commerce on the Internet has created a huge demand for copywriters who specialize in online projects such as web content writing.

Another bonus of freelance life is that its a portable career, especially in the case of copywriting. Its possible to work from a laptop anywhere in the world at least anywhere with an Internet connection.

Starr Daubenmire, American Writers & Artists Inc. contributor, had a long career in the corporate world before being laid off. Copywriting allowed her to regain a stable income and indulge in hobbies she hadnt time for when she was working in a traditional 9 to 5 job.

As a freelance writer, I have a lot of flexibility. And I recently decided to downsize so I can travel more, said Starr. And first on my list was Italy because Ive been saving it. I never wanted to go to my dream destination unless I could stay for a while and now here I am! My vocation writing has made it possible.

That freedom is just one benefit reported by freelancers such as Starr. In fact, it appears that the vast majority of freelancers are happier now than when they had a full-time job.

To read the entire American Writers & Artists Inc. article, click here: The Antidote to Unemployment?"

Editors Note: Members of the media have full permission to reproduce the article linked above either in part or in its entirety, once credit is given to American Writers & Artists Inc.

Media Contact: For information about American Writers & Artists Inc. content republishing, available source material or to book an interview with one of our experts, contact Associate Editor Carol Barron, 772-678-0287 (US), CBarron@awaionline.com.

American Writers & Artists Inc. has been publishing direct-response copywriting and graphic design home-study programs since 1997. Their mission is to help people develop the critical skills to acquire financial security, independence and freedom. AWAI equips members with the tools and connections necessary to land clients, start working professionally, and earn money fast. And through their free DirectResponseJobs.com site, businesses can find and hire skilled AWAI members quickly and easily. For a complete list of programs and more information about AWAI, please contact Associate Editor Carol Barron, cbarron@awaionline.com or (772) 678-0287.

Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/12/prweb10224932.htm.

Page: 1

null
Keywords:economy, business and finance,financial and business service,business enterprises,business (general),economy, business and finance,financial and business service,business enterprises,marketing,business (general),personal investing,personal service,,personal income,personal weapon control,personal data collection,economy, business and finance,financial and business service,business enterprises,advertising,marketing,business (general),internet,consumer goods,consumer issue,consumer confidence,consumer issue
Related Sites: Digital Producer ,   Digital Media Designer ,   Oceania ,   DMN Newswire ,   VideoBasedTutorials
Related Newsletter: Pixels Newsletter ,   Digital Media Net ,   DMNForums ,   Tutorial Finder ,   Review Seeker ,   IBN - IT Weekly Newsletter

DMO TEXT LINKS
(Click here to place a textlink on this site)

Get 10 days of free unlimited access to lynda.com.
What do you want to learn today? Online video tutorials to help you learn software, creative, and business skills.
Click Here!

@ Copyright, 2014 Digital Media Online, AllRights Reserved