|Page (1) of 1 - 11/08/12||email article||print page|
Chattanooga, TN (PRWEB) November 08, 2012
Sing Christmas carols on a river cruise, build gingerbread houses, meet coral reef Santa divers, and watch the lighted boat parade. Then just minutes away, bundle up for an amazing evening high atop Lookout Mountain in a nocturnal fantasyland with more than one million star-bright twinkling lights illuminating the sky or just 15 minutes from downtown, hop on board a train for a North Pole adventure.
The Scenic Citys magic unfolds with elegant décor, music and special events for making your holiday memories more joyful than ever before.
TOP CHATTANOOGA HOLIDAY ADVENTURES
During the holiday season, take time to clear the mind and relieve the spirit. Chattanoogas attractions offer wonderful holiday activities for every member of the family.
- Rock Citys Enchanted Garden of Lights/Nov 16, 2012-Jan. 5, 2013 (closed Christmas Eve), Nightly Over a million lights transform the gardens daytime splendor to a nighttime fantasyland. Cookie decorating, hot cocoa & nightly musical entertainment.
- Tennessee Valley Railroads North Pole Limited Adventures/Nov. 17,23,24,25,30 & Dec.1,2,7,8,9,14-22 ($) Take an imaginary trip to the North Pole on a vintage train with refreshments, storytelling, caroling, visits by Santa Claus & more!
- Chattanooga Choo Choos Holiday Enchantment/Nov. 16-Dec. 22 ($) Have your pictures taken with Santa, take the North Pole Limited train, become an Honorary Elf at the Elf Workshop complete with crafts, arts, games and movies or get tucked in by an Elf! Multiple overnight packages available, including sleeping in a traincar.
- Tennessee Aquariums Holidays Under the Peaks & IMAX 3D/Nov. 16, 2012-Jan. 6, 2013 ($) (Closed Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day) Special programming helps connect families to fascinating creatures from around the world. Quiz divers, penguin experts and other keepers about family units in the wild. Special weekend appearances by SCUBA Claus Nov. 17-Dec. 24.
- Ruby Red Christmas/Fri & Sat.in Dec.(closed Christmas Day) ($) Enter the snowy wonderland and meet costumed characters, listen to holiday acoustical music & visit the North Pole Workshop for festive activities, pictures with Santa and reading time with Mrs. Claus.
- Creative Discovery Museums Winter Wonders/Nov. 17, 2012-Jan. 8, 2013 (Closed Wed) ($) Explore cold-weather traditions. From cozy cottages to a blizzard maze and learning about animal tracks, this exhibit is a warm welcome for wintertime play.
- Creative Discovery Museums Gingerbread Workshops/Nov. 23-Dec. 23 (Closed Wed) ($) Create your own Holiday tradition by participating in the annual Gingerbread House Workshop. By reservation only.
- MainX24 Festival/Dec. 1-2, 8am-8am (free) Celebrate Main Street & the Southside district with a 24 hour block party! The jam-packed schedule includes everything from a pancake breakfast and chili cookoff to live music and art. Santa will be at the Choo Choo & don't miss the Southside parade.
- Chattanooga Holiday Market/Dec. 1-2 & Holiday Market Too!/Dec. 8-9, 15-16, 21-23 (free) The Holiday Market offers a special holiday theme with live music, caroling, festivities & over 200 vendors selling unique, hand-made holiday gifts and artisan foods. Holiday Market held at First Tennessee Pavilion. Holiday Market Too held at the Chattanooga Convention Center.
- Holidays at the Hunter Museum of American Art/Nov 29, 2012-Jan. 2, 2013 ($) Explore the Hunter galleries and discover themed holiday trees and other decorations created by Chattanoogas top designers and florists.
- Holiday Starlight & Lighted Boat Parades/Dec. 8 (free) Enjoy the Starlight parade with over 50 entries including Santa himself followed by the popular boat parade on the downtown river.
- Chattanooga Zoo's Holiday Lights/Dec. 14-15, 21-22 ($) Come and see the Chattanooga Zoo transformed into a magical winter wonderland. Visit the animals and Santa Claus while enjoying fun holiday games and crafts!
- The Nutcracker at the Tivoli Theater/Dec. 7 & 9 ($) Join Chattanooga Ballet and the Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra for Tchaikovskys classic holiday ballet.