User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
Company News: Page (1) of 1 - 01/18/13 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page

Peak District Online Celebrate their 1000th Like on Facebook with a Website Packed Full of all Things Peaky   By PRWEB

Peak District, UK, 18th January 2013 (PRWEB UK) 18 January 2013

With hundreds of hits in the first half an hour, the team at the UK's largest online holiday accommodation directory watched in delight as their Spot the Little Owl game went viral. But now their Peak District Online Facebook page has reached a 1000 likes in a staggering amount of time too.

"I had no idea when I posted the first photographs and news clips on Facebook just before Christmas, that our page would become so popular," laughs James Dobson, director and wildlife photographer of the family run company http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk. "We've had over 1000 likes already, with 900 people sharing and talking about our posts in a couple of months and the fun is still going on."

James lives and works in the Peak District and along with fellow director Steve Wake, who is himself, a talented Peak District landscape photographer, the two started the very popular online holiday accommodation directory several years ago. What started off as a small family run business has now expanded to a dedicated team of staff who can now boast they are the largest holiday accommodation directory in the UK, covering the entire Peak District area. New pages are added to the website on a daily basis, and the success of their recently launched Facebook page is bringing a lot of fun into the lives of their followers, as well as their team.

Encouraging their Facebook followers to share images, news stories and articles all about the Peaks, advertisers on their site have also noticed an increase in their holiday bookings.

"Its word of mouth that brings a lot of new customers to our huge list of holiday homes, hotels and bed and breakfast accommodation," says Steve. "Facebook is a fantastic way for people to chat, share experiences and recommend holiday homes to each other."

The recent competition involving spotting a tiny little owl camouflaged amongst a dry stone wall was a serious success, with the puzzle liked and shared with over 1000 Facebook users in under 3 hours.

"I spotted the shadow of the little chap in the Summertime, last year, whilst driving through Wardlow and as I slowed down, the cheeky little thing ducked down and I really laughed out loud as to how sneaky he was, hiding from me," says James. "We thought it would be a hoot if we started a little quiz for our followers to comment 'spotted' and were astounded with how successful it was."

It seems the competitive nature of their loyal Facebook friends has astounded the team at Peak District Online, who set the quiz over the Christmas period.

"Our mindset from the beginning when we first had the idea for the Peak District Online website, was to help visitors to the area find not only accommodation suitable for what they could afford, but also to add a little extra information, facts and news about the Peak District," explains Steve. "Our site now attracts over 200,000 unique visitors each month and every week our team of experts add new pages to the website, constantly updating our latest offers, reporting news and providing little nuggets of interesting text to help the visitor to the Peak District enjoy the area they may have come to stay. Both James and I are proud of its popularity, and we hope visitors to the website enjoy our photographs and writing as much as we all enjoy producing it. The Facebook page is a real treat and an important part of our job and is proving very popular we're delighted to say"

"What has been so lovely has been the camaraderie and conversations that are going on with our Facebook friends," explains James. "Our team here have been joining in, and the competitive nature of our Peak District Online followers is all taken in good humour."

The Peak District wildlife section of http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk features the little owl in all its glory, adding inspiration and ideas for places to visit whilst on holiday in the National Park. The very popular game of trying to spot the little owl camouflaged in the limestone wall, can be found on their Facebook page as well as spot the village and other games, aimed to keep office workers occupied in their lunch break, bringing a little bit of the Peak District to the city.

Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10337899.htm.

Page: 1

null
Keywords:
Related Sites: Digital Game Developer
Related Newsletter: Levels Newsletter ,   DMNForums ,   Tutorial Finder ,   Review Seeker

@ Copyright, 2013 Digital Media Online, AllRights Reserved