User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
R&B Legends The Temptations and The Four Tops Bring Their Electrifying Sound to the Palace Theatre in Stamford on February 6   By PRWEB

Stamford, CT (PRWEB) December 28, 2012

Stamford Center for the Arts continues its stellar season with R&B legends The Temptations and The Four Tops on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM at the Palace Theatre in Stamford. Tickets are on sale now at http://www.SCAlive.org. An integral part of the Motown machine in the 60s, The Temptations and The Four Tops brought that smooth R&B sound into pop music and created some of the most recognizable songs in music history, including The Way You Do the Things You Do, My Girl, Baby I Need Your Lovin, I Cant Help Myself and many more. The 2012-2013 season is made possible through the generosity of SCAs Season Sponsors Seaboard Properties, Inc. and The Whittingham Family.

An essential component of the original Motown machine, that amazing engine invented by Berry Gordy, The Temps began their musical life in Detroit in the early sixties. It wasnt until 1964 however, that the Smokey Robinson written-and-produced The Way You Do the things You Do turned the guys into stars. An avalanche of hits followed My Girl, Its Growing, Since I Lost My Baby, Get Ready, Aint Too Proud to Beg, Beauty Is Only Skin Deep, and I Wish It Would Rain.

The classic lineup was Otis Williams, Melvin Franklin, Paul Williams, Eddie Kendricks and David Ruffin. Beyond the fabulous singing, The Temps became known for smooth stepping and flawless presentations. The Temptations Walk became a staple of American style. Millions of fans saw The Temptations as cultural heroes.