|Page (1) of 1 - 12/03/12||email article||print page|
Record numbers at WAPIC in Lagos as regional power players gathered Current status of power reform in Nigeria
Says the WAPIC 2012 programme director Stéphanie Roy: ?the record number of 640 visitors, which is almost double from last year, and record growth of 100% in exhibition stands and floor space, show that our theme for WAPIC 2012 was spot on. We offered delegates and visitors an expert look at how the West African region is preparing its power industry for private sector participation.?
Current status of power reform in Nigeria
?WAPIC 2012 presented a global picture of the current status of power reform in Nigeria?, says Stéphanie Roy. ?We had a very successful opening session with our keynote speaker, Mr Reynolds Dagogo-Jack, Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Power, who presented a clear picture of where Nigeria stands with regards to the reform of its power industry and the way forward. This well-attended session was key to the success of this year?s WAPIC.?
Other popular WAPIC 2012 conference sessions included:
- Rural Electrification in West Africa;
- Utility Performance and the impact of unreliable power;
- Metering technologies and the progress of metering in Nigeria;
- Gas to Power;
- And the renewable energy sector.
The WAPIC exhibition featured 54 exhibitors from 27 countries, including Germany, Iran, China, Austria, United Kingdom, France, South Africa and Croatia. Global and regional industry giants exhibiting their products and services included SAP, Momas Systems, Aiteo, Mojec International, Koncar, Siemens, Genesis Electricity Ltd., OTG Playa, Sudden Impact and MR.
Feedback from some of the attendees:
- ?I would like to thank you for organizing such a great event. It was a privilege and great pleasure to have attended WAPIC conference this year. Thank you for inviting me and giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts on an important subject. The conference itself was useful and productive, and reflected new approaches, solutions and innovative thinking.? Dalibor Sever, Voditelj projekata,KONČAR ? IN?INJERING ZA ENERGETIKU I TRANSPORT, d.d.
- ?This conference is good development for Africa and West Africa in particular? Kevin Uche Dike, Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company, Nigeria
- ?WAPIC brings more people to us at once that we could not be able to reach ourselves? Mark Kikonde, Conlog, South Africa
- ?Enlightening sessions! It has been a great learning experience? Stanley Appiah, Volta River Authority, Ghana
Dates for WAPIC 2013:
25-27 November 2013, Lagos, Nigeria
Keywords:WAPIC, West African Power Industry Convention, Lagos, Nigeria, Stephanie Roy, utilities, The Honourable Hajiya Zainab Ibrahim-Kuchi, Minister of State for Power, Nigeria
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved