|Page (1) of 1 - 11/30/12||email article||print page|
Chappaqua, NY (PRWEB) November 30, 2012
Holiday Shopping Wrapping Cooking Invitations Celebrations... Hyperventilation?
I don't know how Norman Rockwell's family did it. Balancing The Holidays with year-end business can stress even the most deft multi-taskers. As Christmas, Hanukkah and a New Year sparkle (or loom) on the horizon, bestselling author and award-winning stress relief facilitator Susie Mantell of Relaxintuit.com shares 10 Simple Holiday Tips to Reduce Christmas Stress, Anxiety, Depression & Debt. This year, try these and enjoy healthier, happier, more meaningful holidays.
1. Eliminate mad dashes to the market or mall by creating a Holiday timetable. Avoid Christmas Eve midnight wrap-a-thons by wrapping a few presents a day, as you buy then.
2. Collaborate to Cut Work in Half. Cook 2 pots of chili, while a friend whips up 2 batches of cornbread. Voila! Dinner for 2 households. Trade off childcare with neighbors, and coordinate shopping trips by buying Christmas gifts on each others lists. Ask family members to reassess especially labor-intensive traditions. Is there a simpler way thats still fun?
3. Simplify Gift Shopping. Wish lists can make holiday shopping so much less stressful. Surprises are terrific fun, but so is opening up just what you were hoping for!
4. Be a Savvy Shopper. Browse Internet customer comments and deals before venturing into stores. Ordering online? Patronize trustworthy, secure sites that offer customer service via phone. Billing mistake? Ask your credit card issuer to address it for you with the merchant. Carefully inspect merchandise. Review warrantees. Keep all holiday gift receipts and returns policies in a folder.
5. Debt is Not a Gift. If you cant afford an item, its time for Plan B. (Alternate: Wrap a toy model with a rain-check, explaining that it will arrive after Christmas when its on sale.) January 2nd, start a Holiday account and make auto-transfers. Youll be thrilled next December.
6. Put Your Health on Top of Your List. Reduce holiday stress and soothe depression with healthy breaks. Schedule naps, mindfulness meditation, movies, time for fun, massage. Find 6 things a day that make you smile. Smiling sends a mind-body "All's Well" signal. Enjoy pleasurable exercise, nutritious foods, and when you splurge, savor every morsel.
7. Share Cheer: Kindness is a surefire stress-buster. Pause to let someone parallel park. Feed a stranger's meter. Ask somebody without plans to come to your holiday dinner. Leave generous tips, especially at the holidays. Say Thanks to at least 5 people a day. A friendly, appreciative smile is an easy way to relieve anothers stress and your own.
8. Make 10-Minute Dates. Amid holiday hubbub, a quick cup of decaf with a friend can work wonders for relieving stress. Friends out of town? Schedule video or phone chats.
9. Solo This Holiday Season? Arrange dinner with co-workers, take a long-weekend, lend a hand to those less fortunate, sing in a choir. Paint a room a new color. Adopt a pet. Invite neighbors for a games night.
10. Looking for Some Healthy Stress-Buster Gift Suggestions? Check These Out. (pdf)
HOLIDAY SAFETY TIP: Amid holiday festivities, some indulge to excess. Addictive behaviors may surface. Some experience Seasonal Affective Disorder, or holiday depression. Always err on the side of caution. If someones safety becomes a concern, get to an emergency room right away. While mild winter blues are not uncommon, thoughts of self-harm or aggression should be addressed professionally, and immediately. There are too many wondrous possibilities just around the corner to ever risk injury. As the adage goes, Don't give up one hour before the miracle!
- Stress Relief Expert/Author Susie Mantell... -
(ISBN #978-09650724-10, $14.95 U.S)
About Relax Intuit LLC (http://www.relaxintuit.com)
Based in Westchester County, NY, Relax IntuitLLC is a highly ethical provider of acclaimed stress relief expert Susie Mantell's seminars for corporations and medical professionals, and her award-winning guided imagery meditation for relaxation, "Your Present: A Half-Hour of Peace."(CD) Mantell also provides individual stress management phone consultations by appointment. Relaxintuit.com and Susie Mantells work are intended as an adjunct to, never a substitute for, professional health care. Visitors and clients should always consult their own licensed medical and mental health professionals regarding any practice or suggestion that might in any way affect an individuals health or safety. Twitter @relaxintuit
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/11/prweb10169835.htm.
Keywords:mass media,news media,media,social security,social sciences,social issue,social issues (general),social conditions,social problems,social services,social conflict,medical procedure/test,medical research,medical staff,medical specialisation,medical service,medical conditions,consumer goods,consumer issue,consumer confidence,consumer issue,economy, business and finance,financial and business service,retail,business enterprises,business (general),education,adult education,further education,religious education,health and beauty product,health,health treatment,health organisations,government health care,private health care,,health and safety at work,lifestyle and leisure,lifestyle (house and home),health insurance,medical procedure/test,medical research,medical staff,medical specialisation,medical service,medical conditions,addiction,psychology,medical staff,medical specialisation,medical service,medical research,medical conditions,medical procedure/test,personal investing,personal service,,personal income,personal weapon control,personal data collection