User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
Company News: Page (1) of 1 - 11/27/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page

Renowned Vocalist Leandra Ramms New Book Sheds Light on Her Chilling Experience with a Cyber-Stalker   By PRWEB

New York, NY (PRWEB) November 27, 2012

Prominent vocalist Leandra Ramm has experienced her share of trying times, but there was perhaps no darker period for her in recent years than during her experience as a victim of cyber-stalking. In her new book, Stalking a Diva, Ms. Ramm tells the story of how she and A.J. Fardella, COO of Black Diamond Data and an expert in cyber-crime and digital forensics, were able to break the cycle of abuse and ultimately put the episode behind her. Co-authored with D. Rocca, Stalking a Diva is available now in print-on-demand and as an e-book.

Ms. Ramms shocking story has already garnered attention from international press outlets such as The Economist, and will soon be the subject of the November 28th episode of the Lifetime Networks My Life is a Lifetime Movie.

In her book, Ramm details how contact stemming from her November 10, 2005 appearance on Anderson Cooper 360 to discuss her unique status as a progeny of The Repository of Germinal Choice, otherwise known as The Genius Sperm Bank, sparked a 6 year cycle of abuse that at times felt inescapable.

According to case documents, a man contacted Ramm after she appeared on Anderson Cooper 360 posing as the director of a Singaporean music festival, but soon began to make unwelcome romantic overtures. When those overtures were rebuffed, they soon took the form of online threats and harassment. (Singapore Police Case A/20070510/2062 & F/20100409/2147)

In Stalkling a Diva Ramm shares a harrowing account of how she was forced to put her life on hold to focus on putting an end to the harassment. With the help of a team of experts, including A.J. Fardella, the threats eventually stopped, and the stalker was arrested (Singapore Police Case A/20070510/2062 & F/20100409/2147).

"A.J. worked tirelessly on my case and was immediately in contact with the Singapore police who responded promptly within 48 hours. When I contacted the Singapore police, they ignored me completely. Because of A.J., I was able to win the case and move on with my life," said Ramm.

Looking back on her experience, Ramm, now an advocate for victims of cyber-stalking, says, "I'm incredibly happy and grateful to get (the cyber stalker) out of my life. I got my freedom back. I feel like I was living in a virtual prison for six years. I feel like I couldn't be myself, and it took a toll on me. I woke up petrified in the morning scared to look at my phone and see the emails that I would get. I was a victim. Every single day, I lived in fear. I am so glad that is over now. I am so grateful that I can move on with my life. However, I'm still a bit sad that I was only able to help myself. I want to help others that are going through a similar situation. I want to do something about this. I want to bring attention to the fact that there are problems in this area and that something really needs to be done."

For additional information, please read about this case in The Economist Magazine: http://www.economist.com/node/18584386

Media Inquiries:
Contact Leandra Ramm to discuss her chilling yet inspiring story, or to book her for interviews and/or TV appearances.

Leandra Ramm
Phone: (646) 481-4379
Email: Info (at) LeandraRamm (dot) com

Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Leandra_Ramm/Stalking_A_Diva/prweb10171521.htm.

Page: 1

null
Keywords:plastic art,entertainment award,entertainment (general),arts (general),arts, culture and entertainment,crime, law and justice,crime,computer crime,organized crime,corporate crime,anti-trust crime,,society,interest rate,human interest,society,weather news,news agency,plastic art,news media,entertainment award,entertainment (general),arts (general),arts, culture and entertainment,fishing industry,cinema industry,radio industry,television industry,music industry,process industry,radio,fishing industry,cinema industry,radio industry,television industry,music industry,process industry,television industry,television,plastic art,entertainment award,entertainment (general),arts (general),arts, culture and entertainment,mass media,news media,fishing industry,media,cinema industry,radio industry,television industry,music industry,process industry
Related Sites: Digital Producer ,   Hollywood Industry ,   Digital Media Designer ,   VideoBasedTutorials
Related Newsletter: Pixels Newsletter ,   DMNForums ,   Tutorial Finder ,   Review Seeker

@ Copyright, 2013 Digital Media Online, AllRights Reserved