|Page (1) of 1 - 10/14/12||email article||print page|
Los Angeles, California (PRWEB) October 14, 2012
The Israel Center at Sinai Temple, the oldest and largest conservative Jewish temple in Southern California, will bring together the community for of an evening of song, dance and spoken word on November 15th in a multi-faith celebration of Israel and the fundamental value of freedom. Unity in Concert will bring together religious and community leaders as well as internationally renowned musicians from the Jewish, Muslim and Christian faiths.
The 90-minute-long Unity in Concert, which will begin at 7:30 p.m., is intended to build even stronger bridges of cultural and religious exchange. Hosted by Sinai Temples Rabbi David Wolpe (recently named the No. 1 rabbi in America by Newsweek magazine), this celebratory evening will also feature performances by:
- Multi-platinum Israeli singer/songwriter and guitarist David Broza.
- Palestinian actress, singer and songwriter Mira Awad.
- Aviva Desse, young Ethiopian Israeli singer representing Ariel U.S.
- Popular Jewish singer/songwriter Craig Taubman.
- Josh Nelson, multi-instrumentalist and performer of Jewish music.
- Superstar, Neshama Carlebach, continuing the legacy of her father Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach
- Poet and Spoken word artist, Andrew Lustig
Additionally, there will be inspiring presentations by Rev. Cecil Murray of the First African Methodist Episcopal Church and the world-renowned
COR- AME Choir.