User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
Company News: Page (1) of 1 - 11/14/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page

Sound Devices Brings Array of Audio and Video Production Solutions to CCW 2012
DMN Newswire--2012-11-14--Sound Devices, experts in portable audio and video products for field production, showcases its latest audio and video production gear for content creation professionals at this year's CCW (Booth 946). The company is exhibiting the recently upgraded PIX 240i and PIX 260i Audio/Video Recorders, as well as the 664 Production Mixer.

Sound Devices' PIX 240i Audio/Video Recorder features a five-inch, IPS-based LCD panel with accurate color rendition and consistent off-axis viewing response. The upgraded display is essential in the field, providing users with immediate confirmation of framing, exposure, focus, audio-metering and setup menu selections. It also offers higher contrast and better off-axis viewing. PIX 240i users can monitor an image's exposure with Exposure Assist, a feature that depicts either false-color or multilevel zebra stripes. It comes equipped with Focus Assist, which includes a peaking filter and 1:1 pixel zoom. Monitor brightness, contrast and chroma adjustments are also now available. PIX 240i provides standard definition recording (NTSC and PAL) and support for using simultaneous analog and SDI/HDMI audio inputs.

Users can connect the PIX 240i to cameras with HDMI (plus SDI with the PIX 240i) and record directly to QuickTime using Apple's ProRes or Avid's DNxHD codecs. Use of these codecs enables files recorded in the field to be used directly in post production, making the workflow simple and fast. The audio circuitry on the PIX 240i is based on Sound Devices' award-winning 7-Series Digital Audio Recorders. The low-noise (-128 dBu EIN), high-headroom, high-bandwidth inputs are mic/line switchable and include limiters, high-pass filters and phantom power.

@ Copyright, 2015 Digital Media Online, AllRights Reserved