|Page (1) of 1 - 12/11/12||email article||print page|
Nashville, TN (PRWEB) December 11, 2012
The The Core of Education has just released a two-episode series of panel discussions with education leaders on issues related to improving teacher effectiveness. Host Rod Berger, PsyD, moderates a group of educator leaders, including:
- Dr. Jason Glass - Education Commissioner for the State of Iowa
- Jennifer Preston - Race To The Top Project Coordinator for Educator Effectiveness, North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- Brad Jupp - Secretary Arne Duncans Senior Policy Advisor for Teacher Quality, U.S. Department of Education
- Dr. Katy Anthes - Executive Director of Educator Effectiveness, Colorado Department of Education
- Jim Havelka - a former superintendent who works for the Nebraska Department of Education co-facilitating the Nebraska Teacher and Principal Model Evaluation Project.
"We're excited to assemble such a diverse group of voices to present a comprehensive and balanced picture of teacher effectiveness measures across the nation," says Dr. Berger. "Several of our upcoming podcasts are ramping up conversations to identify key issues as we approach SXSW Edu in March," says Dr. Berger, referring to an upcoming international education panel discussion he will moderate in Austin, Texas.
The two part series on teacher effectiveness covers a number of teacher effectiveness issues, such as:
- Secretary Duncan's Senior Advisor, Brad Jupp, explains teacher quality initiatives from Washington DC's view,
- Education leaders across the nation highlight the challenges and opportunities represented in efforts to improve teacher effectiveness,
- Vital steps to improve professional development for educators,
- New education technologies that bring innovative efficiencies in support of teacher effectiveness measures.
Education podcast enthusiasts can download the podcasts at Apple's iTunes or directly from The Core of Education website.
About The Core of Education
The Core of Education is an op-ed blog and podcast interview series hosted by Rod Berger, PsyD, and underwritten by RANDA Solutions. The Core focuses on vital issues to educators and policy-makers, as Dr. Berger interviews key education thought-leaders from across the nation and around the world.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/12/prweb10221525.htm.
Keywords:environmental politics,politics,politics (general),education,adult education,further education,religious education,government aid,government debt,government contract,government health care,government,national government,heads of state,government departments,non government organizations (NGO),state budget and tax,church and state relations,government aid,government debt,government contract,education,adult education,further education,religious education,government health care,government,national government,government departments,non government organizations (NGO),computer crime,software,government aid,government debt,government contract,government health care,government,national government,government departments,non government organizations (NGO),state budget and tax,fishing industry,healthcare provider,cinema industry,radio industry,television industry,music industry,process industry,healthcare policy