|Page (1) of 1 - 11/27/12||email article||print page|
London (PRWEB UK) 27 November 2012
What is DRTV? Theres nothing mysterious about it. It stands for direct response television and it is just a specialist form of TV advertising. In DRTV commercials there is always a call to action an encouragement for the viewer to take an immediate action to respond to the advertiser. Examples are Call 0800 635 7800 for a Viking River Cruise Brochure or Text AWARD to 88802 to Claim WinWales Accident Compensation or Visit ukroyalwedding.co.uk to order your Royal Wedding Coin
TV commercials promoting direct response are based on a simple business model. The client is dependent upon generating leads through direct response advertising. If the profit resulting from these leads is greater than the cost of the direct response campaign, bingo! Used expertly with the help of a specialist DRTV advertising agency, and with the appropriate product or service - DRTV can work like a benevolent slot machine. Put in one coin and get more than one coin back. DRTV works especially well for products and services which can be demonstrated. A problem/solution scenario often works particularly effectively.
This month, as a unique Free Offer, The DRTV Centre will supply a written critique of clients recent existing or proposed DRTV scripts. The offer will apply to all scripts received by The DRTV Centre by 31 December 2012. All scripts must be submitted by the client company, not the clients advertising agency.
If the DRTV messages arent compelling - if the DRTV advertisement doesnt grab the viewer's immediate attention - if the benefits of the product or service are not expressed in language that makes it irresistible to the potential customer the advertiser will not generate the maximum DRTV response.
This National Accident Helpline commercial is an outstanding example of how to get everything right. Katy is a real person, in a genuine testimonial, and it shows. This advertisement is the UKs most screened DRTV commercial ever; it ran virtually every day for over five years.
Many seemingly small TV script details can affect achieving the highest DRTV response. Here are just a few:
- The direct response phone number chosen by the advertiser
- How the phone number is displayed and how it is spoken
- Text messages (SMS), both the response word chosen and the target number
- How on-screen titles and graphics (including the URL) are featured
- The order in which the benefits of the product or service are shown
- The length of the DRTV commercial
- The character of voice used for the DRTV commercial
- The style of any background music
- The location or studio where the DRTV commercial is filmed
- Whether a well-known personality is appropriate
- Production values
David Pearson of The DRTV Centre commented: DRTV can be immensely profitable when all the elements are right. Sadly, though, some clients and inexperienced advertising agencies - rush in, thinking they can ignore the ground rules and do it their own way. Almost always they get their fingers burned. By making this offer of a free script assessment we are trying to do our bit in making DRTV more successful for more advertisers.
To take advantage of the Free Offer, clients should submit their current or planned DRTV scripts to the email address at http://www.drtvcentre.com.
The DRTV Centre company details:
- The DRTV Centre was founded 15 years ago in London.
- It is the first and only advertising agency in the UK to concentrate solely on Direct Response Television.
- The agency provides everything clients need to mount successful, profitable TV campaigns: marketing strategies, concept creation, scriptwriting, storyboards, research, casting, location search, film/video production, music, voice-overs, transmission copies, channel selection, TV airtime booking and campaign response analysis.
For further information, visit http://www.drtvcentre.com or call David Pearson at The DRTV Centre on 0800 635 9000.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/11/prweb10166601.htm.
Related Sites: Digital Producer , IBC News , Audio Video Producer , BN - Broadcast Newsroom , Digital Post Production , Oceania , DMN Newswire , BN - Production , BN - Avid , BN - Facilities , VideoBasedTutorials
Related Newsletter: DMN Newsletter , Waveform Newsletter , CMN Newsletter , Digital Media Net , DMNForums , Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , IBN - IT Weekly Newsletter , BN - Broadcast Newswire