User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
Company News: Page (1) of 1 - 01/15/13 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page

Tim Thorsteinson joins Grass Valley as President and CEO Industry veteran to guide next phase of growth for the pre-eminent industry supplier
DMN Newswire--2013-1-15--Grass Valley(r) today announces the appointment of Tim Thorsteinson as President and CEO,
effective immediately. Ideally suited to lead Grass Valley through the next phase of its
evolution, Tim has held numerous senior roles in the broadcast technology industry, including
the President and CEO of Grass Valley, President of the Broadcast Communications division of
Harris Corp., and President and CEO of Leitch. Most recently Tim was President and CEO of
Enablence Technologies Inc.

Having led the successful acquisition and carve out of Grass Valley from Technicolor two years
ago, Alain Andreoli has stepped down and will leave the business at the end of January.
Alain leaves behind a greatly transformed independent company, repositioned as a true end-to-end
solutions provider, with a best-in-class supply chain and a cohesive global administration
infrastructure. 

"We are pleased to have Tim Thorsteinson join Grass Valley at this pivotal point in the
company's transformation. Tim's in-depth industry knowledge and his proven track record of
value creation will ensure Grass Valley's continued success as an independent leader in the
rapidly evolving broadcast infrastructure market", said David Golob, partner at Francisco
Partners and Chairman of the Board of Grass Valley. "I would also like to thank Alain for
all of his contributions in helping to re-establish Grass Valley as an independent company."

"Grass Valley is uniquely positioned to help lead the broadcast industry into the multi-platform
era and I am excited to be joining the team.  I know first-hand of the rich history of
technical innovation that our customers around the world have come to expect from Grass Valley
and I intend to continue that tradition through our powerful product portfolio and best in
class solutions", said Thorsteinson.

###

Page: 1

Keywords:Grass Valley, CEO, Tim Thorsteinson, Francisco Partners, Alain Andreoli
Related Sites: Creative Mac ,   IBC News ,   Audio Video Producer ,   BN - Broadcast Newsroom ,   BN - Avid ,   BN - Grass Valley ,   VideoBasedTutorials
Related Newsletter: CMN Newsletter ,   DMNForums ,   Tutorial Finder ,   Review Seeker ,   BN - Broadcast Newswire

@ Copyright, 2013 Digital Media Online, AllRights Reserved