|Page (1) of 1 - 02/07/13||email article||print page|
(PRWEB UK) 7 February 2013
ITV have reported that a man in his forties, a woman in her 30s and a man in his late teens were all displaying symptoms of carbon monoxide such as nausea, vomiting and severe headaches when West Midlands Ambulance Services turned up. They claim that fumes from a barbeque entering the property may have been responsible. All three were treated at the scene before being transferred to City Hospital for further oxygen therapy.
Providing plumbers in Hackney, the team at We Fix Now also supply a number of Gas Safe Registered engineers and regularly campaign against the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Naturally the news was concerning to the team and a representative offered the following advice.
It is important to remember never to use gas barbeques indoors or to let fumes travel inside. People can also protect themselves and their families by making sure they only ever use gas appliances for their intended purpose.
Always make sure there is sufficient ventilation for all gas appliances to allow them to burn correctly and be sure not to block any air vents. If you have any concerns over any gas appliances, call a reputable gas engineer such as those provided by We Fix Now and remember to get all appliances tested at least once a year.
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/2/prweb10407511.htm.