|Page (1) of 1 - 12/06/12||email article||print page|
In the following infographic Rebecca Swift, Director of Creative Planning at Getty Images, offered her insights on some trends, including why Medical, Lifestyle, Concepts, Business, and People were the most searched categories throughout the year. After that some trends observed in 2012!
- A natural mix of European ethnicities is making its mark in Business imagery. Europe is a melting pot .
- Locations are getting warmer with darker wood tones, contrasted against white walls and natural light. Cosiness and comfort rule over minimalism.
- Working early in the morning and into the evening are sought after scenarios. Our customers want to prove that they work hard.
- The anti-vanity trend is alive and well in portraiture. Why use models when you can use gloriously real looking people with their attractive faults and quirks. It is more difficult to relate to someone who has never had to deal with imperfection.
- "The Good Life" is visualized through images of play, fun and enjoyment. Anything that costs nothing to do.
- Emotions are getting subtler - less anger, outrage, despair, passion, shock and hilarity, more awe, curiosity, gratitude, pleasure and contentment.
- Mature men and women rule in portraiture - turns out they are the people we trust
- Luxury is huge in Asia, less so in Europe and North America - We have the financial crisis to blame for that
- Teamwork in business sells best across all regions . We all want to show how we can work across cultures and time zones.
- The colour palette of lifestyle is earth tones - the look and feel is closer to the natural colours found in nature.
Rebecca Swift is Director of Creative Planning at Getty Images.
Keywords:phototography, images, stock media, iStockphoto, Getty Images
Related Sites: Creative Mac , Digital Producer , Audio Video Producer , Digital Media Designer , Oceania , MacDesignPro , After Effects , PhotoShop , Illustrator
Related Newsletter: DMN Newsletter , Pixels Newsletter , Mac Alert Newsletter , Digital Media Net , DMNForums
To Comment on This Article, Click HERE
Most Recent Reader Comments:
Click Here To Read All Posts
Must be Registered to Respond (Free Registration!!!, CLICK HERE)