|Page (1) of 1 - 12/18/12||email article||print page|
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 18, 2012
Keyframe-Entertainment and Federation of Earth are pleased to announce their partnership with Gravitas Ventures and House of Film for the Video on Demand launch of "Electronic Awakening" on December 21st, 2012. The film will be available with over 100 leading video-on-demand operators across North America including Amazon, Apple iTunes, Charter, Cogeco, Google Play, Mediacom, Rogers, Shaw Communications, Sony PlayStation, Verizon FiOS, and Vudu.
"Electronic Awakening" is an ethnographic documentary film that investigates the spirituality of Electronic Dance Music (EDM) culture and its ties to ancient shamanic rituals. The film features dozens of experts and published authors, with music from world-renowned artists such as: Shpongle, The Crystal Method, Random Rab, Phutureprimitive, Govinda, Bird of Prey, Jason Knight and many more. Interviewees include: Daniel Pinchbeck, Alex Grey, Terence McKenna, Ken Kesey, Starhawk, and Goa Gil.
Simultaneous to the online VOD release on December 21st, "Electronic Awakening" will be screening internationally, as this date also represents the end of the Mayan calendar, Winter Solstice, and the Galactic Alignment:
- Synthesis 2012, a music festival and sacred gathering near the Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá in Yucatan, Mexico. http://synthesis2012.com
- Cosmogenesis, art & music transformational gathering happening in central South Africa
- Pokhara, Nepal at the LoveFound Conscious Community Gathering: StarGate to Shambhalla.
- In the United States at Casket Cinema, Minneapolis, MN.
- La Casa de Dulce's Second Life Simulator. First screening of an EDM film in the Virtual World of Second Life.