User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
"Pink Slime" book released. New "Pink Slime" lawsuit filed against ABC, Diane Sawyer, Jim Avila, UK celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver, and internet Lunch Tray mom Siegel.   By PRWEB

Dakota Dunes, SD (PRWEB) December 12, 2012

Bruce Smith, a South Dakota resident and former Beef Products EHS Director and Senior Counsel who was laid off by his employer following the ground beef pink slime controversy that became a viral news story during a period of time Smith refers to as "March Meat Madness Month 2012," says, "I am fighting back against the media and those persons whose irresponsible and tortious actions cost me my job. On Tuesday, December 11, 2012, Smith also announced his filing of a lawsuit in Dakota County, Nebraska, State District Court (Civ. No. 256) suing the American Broadcasting Company (ABC), ABC News, ABC News anchor Diane Sawyer and reporter Jim Avila, United Kingdom celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver, social media internet food critic and advocate, Bettina Sigel, owner of The Lunch Tray internet web site, and other unnamed Defendants. Smiths civil lawsuit seeks money damages against the defendants.

Smith alleges, My former employer was maliciously and needlessly maligned and accused of producing a food product that did not exist - a product derisively, repeatedly, and relentlessly called 'pink slime' by traditional TV broadcast and print media, in concert with social internet media critics, bloggers, politicians, and celebrity entertainers. The irrational hype and hysteria created by those who fed off of ignorance, misinformation, and untruths about Lean Finely Textured Beef, a food product otherwise deemed, safe, wholesome, and nutritious by the USDA and the meat industry, caused more than 750 BPI employees to permanently lose their jobs, including my own. As a result, I, my co-workers, my friends and our families suffered extreme hardship. I believe Beef Products and its owners fought to keep our jobs as long as they could following this unprecedented disinformation campaign. In the end, the tsunami of untrue, false, misleading, and disparaging statements and representations regarding BPI and LFTB made by the Defendants and others in the traditional and social media was apparently too great to overcome.

To view the Complaint and Press Release statement, visitors may go on line and check out (http://pinkslimeatemyjob.com).