This Forum is for: Adobe After Effects
DATE: Jan. 27, 2016 3:01 pm gmt
SUBJECT: Best way to convert Canon G7 X H.264 MP4 files to DNxHD MOV for Avid editing
Besides taking photos with Canon G7 X, you may also use it to record high quality videos. Canon G7 X has the ability to record full HD 1080p movies at 60 fps, the recorded files are in MP4 format, so it is easy for sharing with others or play on playable devices. However, the Canon G7 X recorded MP4 videos is not well supported in Avid Media Composer X, on Canon G7 X related forums many users have found that they can't edit Canon G7 X MP4 videos in Avid smoothly, now in this article we will share the easiest way to import Canon G7 X to Avid and edit Canon G7 X MP4 files with Avid natively.
As we talked above, many users have problems when they edit Canon G7 X files with Avid, what's the reason? It is because of the codec. From Canon G7 X's user manual you will know that G7 X can record videos in H.264 codec MP4 format, and H.264 codec is well for playback but not good for editing, Avid can't handle H.264 files smoothly, so it is the H.264 codec caused the problem. If you want to edit videos smoothly with Avid, you'd better convert videos to Avid best supported video codec. From Avid Media Composer product page you will find the information that DNxHD codec is the native codec for Avid, with this codec you can edit videos with Avid Media Composer natively. So the best way to edit Canon G7 X H.264 MP4 files with Avid is to convert Canon G7 X H.264 MP4 files to DNxHD MOV format, and then you can edit Canon G7 X MP4 videos in Avid smoothly.
To convert Canon G7 X files to Avid DNxHD codec, you will need to use a video converter which can output videos in DNxHD codec, here we want to introduce the best Canon G7 X to Avid converter for you, the program is called HD Video Converter for Mac, this is the best HD Video Converter on the market, it can convert all HD videos to the format you want, supported HD videos include MP4, MOV, MTS, M2TS, MXF, WMV, MPG, FLV, etc. this software has many native formats for editing programs and playable devices, such as DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, Apple InterMediate Codec for iMovie, Apple ProRes 422 codec for FCP X, and optimized formats for Android tablets, Android smartphones, Apple iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, HDTVs, etc. it is definitely powerful video converter for you.
Convert Canon G7 X H.264 MP4 to DNxHD MOV for Avid on Mac
1. Install Canon G7 X to Avid converter on your Mac computer, run this program as the best Canon G7 X video converter. Besides Mac version, this software also has Windows version, which can also help you to convert Canon G7 X H.264 MP4 files on Windows 10, Window 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows XP, etc.
2. Click the "Import" button on the top left corner you will be able to import Canon G7 X H.264 MP4 files into the software, you can add several Canon G7 X files at one time, batch conversion is supported, if you have other videos that need to convert, you can also import them to convert.
3. Choose Avid best codec for output. Please click the "Profile" option and choose "Avid Studio > Avid DNxHD", this is best codec for using with Avid Media Composer. This software also has many optimized formats for other editing programs and playable devices.
4. Customization is supported in this Canon G7 X to Avid converter, you can click the settings button and adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc. according to your need.
5. Click "Start" button to convert Canon G7 X H.264 MP4 to DNxHD for Avid on Mac.
Video and audio quality is guaranteed in this converter, the Canon G7 X MP4 to DNxHD Converter will convert your videos to DNxHD codec at fast speed. When the conversion is finished, you can load converted videos into Avid and edit smoothly. Just try this software now, it will help you.
convert hc-w570 avchd/mp4 footage to prores .mov for fcp x, edit panasonic hc-w570 video on mac imovie/fcp x, encode hc-w570 avchd/mp4 to aic .mov for imovie, panasonic hc-w570 fcp x, panasonic hc-w570 to imovie, transcode hc-w570 avchd/mp4 to mac, video file conversion
convert ipad video to prores mov, Import iPad Video to Final Cut Pro, ipad video to fcp 7, ipad video to fcp x
edit panasonic gh4r avchd with fcp x, edit panasonic gh4r mts with fcp x, panasonic gh4r fcp, panasonic gh4r to fcp x, panasonic gh4r to final cut pro