This Forum is for: Media 100

Return to Posts Index Recommend: 3   RECOMMEND
SUBJECT: Crashes when exporting from Media 100
KEYWORDS:
My Media 100 system recently started crashing whenever I try to export from the edite suite. (Sorry, I cannot remember which version and I'm writing this at home so I cannot check. I know it's at least a Media100 XS. And, I know we're running OS-X). As soon as we select "Export from Edit Suite", Media 100 shuts itself down and we're back in the Finder. We can't even get to the point of selecting the type of export.
Troubleshooting steps we tried:
-Restarted.
-Turned off the mac and drives, walked away, said a prayer and rebooted.
-Re-rendered the effects within the program (only about 3 minutes of total program) using Force Render to rule out a corrupt rendered file.
-Copied and pasted the program into a new program to rule out a corrupt program file.
-Created a new program with a different video clip and tried exporting that to rule out a corrupt program file.

We ARE able to use the option "Export to After Effects." In fact, our workaround is to export to After Effects and render there, but it is tedious. And all other Media 100 functions have been working well on the system while I've been editing this project for the past 8 days.

A few weeks ago there was a disc crash on the system while I was out of town. The person who repaired it is extremely capable and conscientious, as well as being an amazing Mac expert. He mentioned that this might be due to a missing Media 100 file that may have been wiped out during that event. But I have no idea how to investigate that.

Anyone have any suggestions? We're near the end of a big project with a hard deadline on July 15.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

CURRENT THREAD: Read whole thread

Check if you would like to receive notice when your post has been responded to.
Note: This requires your email address to be correctly filled in. Your email address will not be displayed on the posts.
Post A Comment On DMNForums Comment on your Facebook page
The Subject of Your Post:
The Keywords of Your Post:
Your Post's Message:

Please click one time only

@ Copyright, 2010 Digital Media Online, All Rights Reserved
Content-type: text/html Media 100: Crashes when exporting from Media 100

KEYWORDS:
My Media 100 system recently started crashing whenever I try to export from the edite suite. (Sorry, I cannot remember which version and I'm writing this at home so I cannot check. I know it's at least a Media100 XS. And, I know we're running OS-X). As soon as we select "Export from Edit Suite", Media 100 shuts itself down and we're back in the Finder. We can't even get to the point of selecting the type of export.
-Restarted.
-Re-rendered the effects within the program (only about 3 minutes of total program) using Force Render to rule out a corrupt rendered file.
-Copied and pasted the program into a new program to rule out a corrupt program file.
-Created a new program with a different video clip and tried exporting that to rule out a corrupt program file.

We ARE able to use the option "Export to After Effects." In fact, our workaround is to export to After Effects and render there, but it is tedious. And all other Media 100 functions have been working well on the system while I've been editing this project for the past 8 days.

A few weeks ago there was a disc crash on the system while I was out of town. The person who repaired it is extremely capable and conscientious, as well as being an amazing Mac expert. He mentioned that this might be due to a missing Media 100 file that may have been wiped out during that event. But I have no idea how to investigate that.

Anyone have any suggestions? We're near the end of a big project with a hard deadline on July 15.

Thank you.

Note: This requires your email address to be correctly filled in. Your email address will not be displayed on the posts.
Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.

Your Post's Message:

KEYWORDS:
-Restarted.

Thank you.