DATE: Aug. 28, 2013 7:06 pm gmt
SUBJECT: Sony Photo Recovery: Retrieve erased, lost photos, videos, audio files from Sony devices
KEYWORDS: Sony Photo Recovery: Retrieve erased, lost photos, videos, audio files from Sony devices
The Sony picture recovery software will take the stress out and helps you recover deleted photos, videos and music from Sony digital devices such as Cybershot digital camera, Sony Vaio laptop computer, digital camcorder, voice recorder, Sony memory card, memory stick etc. There is no complicated stuff, simply install it on your computer and connect your Sony device (storage media) to start recovering your data.
- Recover photos not only from Sony computer, but Sony removable media.
- Not only general photo formats (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, BMP), but Sony RAW image formats (SR2, ARW, SRF) are supported.
- Get back deleted or lost photos from digital cameras such as Cybershot DSC-TX100, J10, WX10, HX100 etc.
- Rescue pictures from formatted Sony memory stick or card.
- Also retrieve video, audio files from Sony camcorder, recorder, music players etc.
- Recover inaccessible or missing photos from corrupted or crashed Sony hard drive, removable memory card etc which shows ‘the disk in drive is not formatted’, ’the card is not initialized’ and indicates you need to reformat it, but sometimes it won’t allow you to format by displaying some other errors.
- Rescue from more photo loss scenarios.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Sony Digital
First things first – in order to gain biggest success ratio of Sony photo recovery, the moment you find your photos lost, immediately stop using the device. If you are using Sony Cybershot camera, do not take new photos. If you are using Sony Vaio laptop, stop writing anything back to the hard drive. This is to avoid photo overwriting. Once data contained in the photos are overwritten, chances of recovery will be reduced.
STEP 1 : Connect your Sony device to your PC. If you are using Sony laptop, directly highlight the drive to go to next step. If you are using an external device such as Sony digital camera or SD memory card, connect it to PC via a USB cable or card reader. After connection, free download and install Sony photo recovery software. Open the program, the main interface is like below. Click ‘Start Scan’ button.
STEP 2 : Highlight the disk drive your Sony storage media represents under “My Computer” and continue to next step. Now the application will perform a scanning process using read-only operations to find those lost photos.
STEP 3 : Preview found photos and Recover. Once the scanning is completed, be free to preview the files by operating through the directory tree on the left part of the software interface. Then click Recover option and save them to another drive. Note: do not save recovered photos back to the Sony source drive.
If photos became inaccessible due to Sony memory card errors – Try this: use Sony photo recovery tool to scan and recover from the error memory card (of your Sony Cybershot digital camera) for lost pictures. Then format the memory card through the quick format option on your PC, usually this will make it work normally again. After that retry the recovery software to see if you can gain more valuable data because formatting will not wipe the data permanently.