This Forum is for: Writers, Actors & Artists
FROM: Mark Simon
DATE: Feb. 02, 2012 8:05 pm gmt
SUBJECT: Will someone steal my TV idea?
But there’s a webinar coming up February 28th put together by two great industry insiders I know that pretty much answers everything you or I would need to know about how to protect our ideas.
• Can a network just take my idea and do it without me?
• Is a Submission Release Form a license to steal?
• The truth behind stories of stolen TV ideas
• What can or can’t I do to protect my idea
• How safe is my title?
• Copyright protection myths
• Will my paranoia destroy my pitch or sabotage my chances?
• Are my characters at risk, too?
• Is a WGA registration enough protection?
They’ve got a great line up of expert interviews: Patric Verrone, the PRESIDENT of the Writer’s Guild: Marc Zicree, who wrote for Star Trek and Babylon 5; Joel Andryc, who’s an executive Saban; and Linda Simensky, who’s a senior vice president at PBS Kids.
Plus the event is hosted by Mark and Jeanne Simon, founders of SellYourTvConceptNow.com who have about 4,500 credits between them and more than 25 years each in the industry.
Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Time: 9:30 p.m. EST, 6:30 p.m. PST (2-3 hours long)
Early Bird Discount: $60 (Expires Midnight, February 14, 2012)
Where: Phone/Web/Skype from anywhere
- Will someone steal my TV idea? by Mark Simon at Feb. 02, 2012 8:05 pm gmt (Rec'd 1)
- Re: Will someone steal my TV idea? by tv formats at Mar. 13, 2012 2:41 pm gmt (Rec'd 1)