This Forum is for: Forge Freeform
1 ... What am I doing wrong? by Susan McKinley at Apr. 30, 2000 1:07 am gmt (Rec'd 3)2 ...... Re: What am I doing wrong? by Chris B. at May 02, 2000 12:21 am gmt (Rec'd 2)
4 ............ Re: What am I doing wrong? by Chris B at May 02, 2000 2:47 pm gmt (Rec'd 2)
FROM: Susan McKinley
DATE: Apr. 30, 2000 1:07 am gmt (Rec'd 3)
SUBJECT: What am I doing wrong?After reading about the program here, and thinking "this is cool", I downloaded the demo and some of the tutorials and then...
1. I got all the initial key frames set, then it said "drag the control points upward until you achieve the position depicted in figure 3." I have started from ground zero at least 5 times. The butterfly never looks like the one in figure 3. I finally give up and decide "close is good" and go on to the next step.
2.Then it says "move the Middle Control Point (the hollow square with the cross going through the middle." I can see no hollow square with a cross going through it. I have tried the wire screen mode and full res mode. What I have is a circle in the center, much like anchor point. I can move that 4 times, meaning it's like there are 4 of them sitting on top of the real anchor point. If I move the last one, my whole layer moves.
3. Now the tutorial is very well done, complete with screen captures, numbered steps and special notes. So I know that it is something that I haven't done or haven't noticed.
4. So, can you help me? I think I could love this program and want to make butterflies fly and flags wave and logos walk.
FROM: Chris B.
DATE: May 02, 2000 12:21 am gmt (Rec'd 2)
SUBJECT: Re: What am I doing wrong?Hi Susan,
2 apologies are in order here.
1) Sorry for taking so long to reply to your post... crazy day ;P
2) The tutorials on the website are for FreeForm 1 not 2... this is what is causing the confusion.
To get closer to the set-up in the FreeForm 1 tutorial you will need to go to the Effects Window with FreeForm 2 applied to a layer and set your Control Points to 2 Horizontal by 2 Vertical.
One of the biggest changes in FreeForm 2 from FreeForm 1 is the ability to add more Control Points + Tangents.
FreeForm 1 was limited to a total of 5 - 1 at each corner and 1 in the middle of the image.
Hope this helps.
FROM: Susan McKinley
DATE: May 02, 2000 5:35 am gmt (Rec'd 2)
SUBJECT: Re: What am I doing wrong?Thanks, I'll try that.
So far, I really like what I see.
FROM: Chris B
DATE: May 02, 2000 2:47 pm gmt (Rec'd 2)
SUBJECT: Re: What am I doing wrong?You are most welcome Susan. Glad I could be of help.