User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
This Forum is for: Panasonic DV

1 ... DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by les at May 30, 2001 5:27 am gmt
2 ...... Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by ivan s at Mar. 28, 2003 7:14 am gmt (Rec'd 5)
3 ...... Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Revash Dookhi at May 24, 2002 9:20 am gmt
4 ......... Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Steve at Jul. 19, 2002 11:13 am gmt (Rec'd 1)
5 ......... Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Michal Kowalski at Jun. 18, 2002 12:16 pm gmt (Rec'd 1)
6 ............ Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Tom Salter at Aug. 12, 2002 10:35 pm gmt
7 ...... DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Johnny O'Brien at Aug. 30, 2001 1:29 am gmt
8 ...... Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Franco Busselli at Aug. 26, 2001 12:44 pm gmt
9 ......... Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Dave at Sep. 28, 2001 3:27 pm gmt
10 ............ DV Studio 2 and NT4 - it CAN work sometimes. by Rory Harden at Aug. 02, 2002 8:15 am gmt
11 ............ Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Gwyn Williams at Oct. 16, 2001 3:16 pm gmt
12 ............... Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Jim at Jul. 20, 2002 4:59 am gmt
13 .................. Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by miguel angel at Sep. 15, 2002 12:51 pm gmt
14 ............... Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Gwyn Williams at Jun. 25, 2002 9:33 am gmt
15 ............... Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by JUAN ANTONIO at Jun. 23, 2002 11:14 am gmt
16 ............... Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION by Ted Frank at Nov. 01, 2001 2:19 pm gmt
17 .................. Answers to all of you. FAO. STEVE, MICHAL etc. by DVenable at Jul. 29, 2002 3:38 pm gmt
18 ..................... Re: Answers to all of you. FAO. STEVE, MICHAL etc. by darko at Oct. 23, 2003 8:23 pm gmt
Panasonic DV
Post 1 of 18 Top
SUBJECT: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION
Hi

I have a Panasonic NV-DS15 and received the following software with it: DV Studio 2 for Acquisition.

When I first connected the camera to my PC via the Digital Still Picture output, the connection (serial port) worked fine. However, the connection didn't work after awhile and I keep getting the error message telling me to check my connections.

The readme file has also warned of this problem and I have followed the suggestion to check the camera connections and turn it off and then back on.

I have also reinstalled the DV Studio 2 software.

Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Les

Post 2 of 18 responding to post 1 Top
SUBJECT: Re: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION
i got dv studio 2 for win 95 e 98

i need version for win 2000

Post 3 of 18 responding to post 1 Top
Hi

DV Studio 2 does not work there is a problem with the software. I have used other products such as VideoStudio 6 which is compatible with Panasonic DV camcorders and DV VCR. The product is from Ulead - www.unlead.com - trial versions are available so give it a try

Post 4 of 18 responding to post 3 Top
I need a lead to connect my DVC to my PC, anybody know where I can get the lead without buying the programme.

Steve

Post 5 of 18 responding to post 3 Top
I am looking for any software that is able to communicate with my Panasonic DS38 and capture still pictures. I have lost CD with original software provided by Panasonic (DV Studio 2). I have downloaded Ulead's software Photo Explorer 6.0 and Video Studio 6.0 recomended by you, but it seems to work only with Sanyo and Canon. I am looking in the whole internet for drivers but have no success. Do you have any idea what can I do then?

Post 6 of 18 responding to post 5 Top
Steve. I have a spare copy that I got with a second dv camera. If you pay postage you can have with pleasure. Best wishes Tom

Post 7 of 18 responding to post 1 Top
SUBJECT: DV STUDIO 2 FOR ACQUISITION
Does anyone know if there are other programs that can be used with my Panasonic DS-28 inseat of DV Studio 2?

thx

J

Post 8 of 18 responding to post 1 Top
I am italian.

I have the same problem whith Panasonic NV-DS99.

My operatin system is Window 2000 professional.

Post 9 of 18 responding to post 8 Top
I have a NV-DS25 with DV Studio 2. Is there software for NT4 ? I can view the pictures in fast mode but cannot save or edit them. I recieve a " No Cassette Loaded" error when trying to save.

Post 10 of 18 responding to post 9 Top
SUBJECT: DV Studio 2 and NT4 - it CAN work sometimes.
I have a Panasonic NV-DS15 with DV Studio 2 and a PC running NT4.

Initially, DV Studio worked fine except that it would fail to transfer the full picture data.

Eventually, I found that it would work - albeit slowly - if I set the COM port transfer speed to 19200. This worked. At 38400, it failed.

So, if you have NT4 or Windows 2000, try setting the speed to 19200. Or 9600, if necessary.

Check out some of my video stills at www.rory.harden.btinternet.co.uk.

Good luck,

Rory.

Post 11 of 18 responding to post 9 Top
I also get this problem. I'm using an NV-DS38 with DV Studio 2 under Windows 2000 proffessional.

The error I get is:

"Unable to communicate with DV equipment. Please check that the cable is connected and that the DV equipment is turned on. Then, restart connecting."

It works fine on the fast preview mode but when I switch to full acquire mode I get the above error approximately half way through grabbing the image. It doesn't even happen in the same place, it seems quite random.

So far the only solution I've found is to set the connection speed to 9600 (although this sometimes doesn't work either).

If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Post 12 of 18 responding to post 11 Top
You can fix the problem by setting program compatibility to win 95 and then disable visual themes. This is on XP so should work on 2000 as well.

Post 13 of 18 responding to post 12 Top
necesito el programa para pasar mis videos de camara digital a pc

Post 14 of 18 responding to post 11 Top
I've now found a way around this. I recently bought a Panasonic SV-SD75 MP3 player which comes with an SD card reader, I now use this to transfer my photos to the PC and it works fine.

Post 15 of 18 responding to post 11 Top
HOLA DESEO BAJAR DE INTERNET EL PROGRAMA DE DESCARGA DE LA VIDEOCAMARA AL PC, COMO PUEDO HACERLO .

SI ES POSIBLE EN ESPAÑOL POR FAVOR.

MUCHAS GRACIAS Y UN SALUDO.

Post 16 of 18 responding to post 11 Top
I've had the same problem. Using DV Studio 1.10 and a Panasonic NV-EX1 DV camera. Used to work fine. Installed on another PC and it was ok after loading 2nd time. Very Frustrating!

Post 17 of 18 responding to post 16 Top
SUBJECT: Answers to all of you. FAO. STEVE, MICHAL etc.
Les

Make sure that your Windows verion matches that of the software. Also make sure that you have no PalmPilot or similar software installed. If this isn't the cause the reinstall the COM port(s) by highlighting them in the Windows Device Manager and selecting Remove, then restart the PC and Windows will find new hardware. This should reset the COM ports back to factory default. 9 times out of 10 this cures the problem.

Revash

Stating that software doesn't work simply because it didn't on your PC is a little rash. I also disagree that VideoStudio would work on it's own asdoes not have the necessary protocols to communicate with the camcorder with the serial cable.

Steve

A tenner to you including postage. Email me and I will give you my address.

Michal

You can email me on that one, but with regards VideoStudio and similar, they can't communicate with the camcorders as they don't have the programing to do so. Drivers however, don't exsist, this is the job of Dv Studio.

Jonny

Short of using DV Studio, since you have no memory card you would have to use a FireWire card on the PC, but not all DV editing software is capable of capturing stills as they are aimed at video editing.

Franco

DV Studio is a no go for Windows 2000. FireWire for you my friend.

Dave

NT system, just another Windows 2000 version i'm afraid. You're in the same boat as Franco, Firewire.

Gwyn

As you say, this is a transfer speed problem. Your solution is a good one and one that will continue to help, but the underlying problem is caused by the COM port settings determined by Windows. Something has changed the COM port settings on the PC so you will need to reinstall the COM port on your PC.

(follow-up) Just read your second post. Didn't know you had an SD card slot, looks like you've found your next best solution, although you can buy the memory card readers on their own.

Jim

Well found on Windows XP. Compatibility also works when set to Win'98 mode, but there is no Compatibility mode in Windows 2000 :-(

Juan

Hola, Software cannot be downloaded from the internet for Panasonic videocameras. You must contact Panasonic Espania (www.panasonic.es or 090-215-3060)

Ted

Is this because you are using old software. Have you tried DV Studio2?

Post 18 of 18 responding to post 17 Top
SUBJECT: Re: Answers to all of you. FAO. STEVE, MICHAL etc.
Hi Steve,

I bought Panasonic camcoder NV-DS33 many years ago.

I also bought cables and software Panasonic DV Studio Version 1.1.

I was very satisfied with software and it worked with no problems when I used WIN NT 4.0 and WIN 2000. Now I bought new PC with WIN XP, but I could not install DV Studio anymore correctly. I could not make connection between PC and camcoder (no COM port is detected).

I would like you to help me how to solve the problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Darko Malovrh

© Copyright, 2004 Digital Media Online, All Rights Reserved