User Help
Search Forum
keywords

author

GO
SOFTWARE
This Forum is for: Sony Vegas

1 ... Vegas Pro 11 keeps crashing by Bob Ritchie at Dec 13, 2011 3:16 am gmt (Rec'd 3)
2 ...... Re: Vegas Pro 11 keeps crashing by RobinT at Dec 13, 2011 6:10 am gmt (Rec'd 3)
3 ......... Re: Vegas Pro 11 keeps crashing by RobinT at Dec 18, 2011 11:22 am gmt (Rec'd 3)
4 ......... Re: Vegas Pro 11 keeps crashing by Bob Merrill at Dec 13, 2011 2:34 pm gmt (Rec'd 3)
Sony Vegas
Post 1 of 4 Top
SUBJECT: Vegas Pro 11 keeps crashing
I'm experiencing a great deal of crashing in Vegas Pro 11 since I upgraded. It happens when I change a parameter in a dialog box, sometimes when I render and sometimes when I just add a clip to the timeline. It seems very unstable compared to Versions 9 and 10. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Bob Ritchie

Post 2 of 4 responding to post 1 Top
SUBJECT: Re: Vegas Pro 11 keeps crashing
I have very similar experiences, Vegas crashes whenever I try to apply Prodad Mercali or to render.
I have found that if, when I am ready to render, I save the project, close Vegas completely and then re-load Vegas the render will work perfectly and I have stopped trying to use Mercali. BUT if you try so much as just any one simple edit the next render will crash Vegas after about 10 minutes!

Rgds
Robin

Post 3 of 4 responding to post 2 Top
Hurrah,
The latest build seems to stopped crashing and now Mercali works (twice as fast as before) BUT what has happened to the Sony Stabise media effect? it just seems to stop - doesn't crash, just stops!

Robin

Post 4 of 4 responding to post 2 Top

I've noticed some crashing, and it tends to take out my audio card driver until the next restart, but I haven't noticed it under the circumstances described. I would look for low memory issues. Memory leaks are not uncommon in new software builds.  (Where memory is allocated, but not released when the operation is complete.)

At the very least, it won't hurt to save and/or close your projects often. I don't know the internal memory management mechanisms, but it's also not uncommon for things to get cleared out when you save, start a new project, or close/open one. Good luck.

Bob

Copyright, 2004 Digital Media Online, All Rights Reserved