GO
SOFTWARE
This Forum is for: Sony Vegas

1 ... Jittery Preview by V G at Dec 23, 2012 5:39 pm gmt
2 ...... Re: Jittery Preview by dturnidge at Dec 24, 2012 2:29 pm gmt
Sony Vegas
Post 1 of 2 Top
SUBJECT: Jittery Preview

I recently build a computer for video editing. I am running 64bit Win7 with 16GB ram, 250GB SSD hard drive with a 1TB secondary drive for rendering. I have a GTX 570 card for GPU rendering. Intel I7-3770K @ 3.5GHz.

I can render 5 minutes of video in about2 minutes at 1280 x 720 setting. There are no other programs to get involved just Sony Vegas.

The machine is plenty fast but when I place a jpg file for an opening background with some text over it that leads into the video it stutters when it plays over the jpeg to video.

Is there something or some setting I am missing to prevent this? IS there any way I can get this preview to play smoothly? It plays perfectly in the rendered file but not the preview on the time line,

Any help appreciated. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Post 2 of 2 responding to post 1 Top
SUBJECT: Re: Jittery Preview

First of all, I would have a separate drive for editing. Leave "C" for operating system/programs only.

Second, preview is just that - preview. It is not final - just enough to get the job done. So, don't preview in BEST. Preview in PREVIEW Auto. Best is for taking a frame for a still shot.

Render your "problem" area. If the jitter is still there - forget everything I said. If it's gone, you don't have a problem.

Dave

Copyright, 2004 Digital Media Online, All Rights Reserved